[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report 2, Multiview reconstruction

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:00:38 CEST 2016

Hi,

Do you have some design overview of what your new data structures are and
how they all fit together?

Would also be cool to hear how exactly you're approaching to the camera
solver. While it might be separate Blender operator, you can't really (and
should not in fact) separate things in Libmv.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Tianwei Shen <shentianweipku at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is report of week 2 for my multi-view reconstruction project. You can
> also view this report at blender wiki:
> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/Report_%26_Blog/Week_2
>
> What I did:
> - organize correspondence: add several utility functions and data
> structures. A complete correspondence data structure is still in
> development, until I figure out what’s needed in the back end.
> - add 'solve multi-view' operator and implement it. I separate the
> function of ‘solve single camera’ and ‘solve multi-camera’ for now. This
> allows me to do the multi-view reconstruction code without interfering the
> original solve-camera code. After I finish this function. I will integrate
> the multi-view reconstruction with the single-view reconstruction.
> - watch TrackMatchBlend and get a full picture of the tracking system. (I
> thought TrackMatchBlend is an episode and introduction, while it is
> actually a series of videos, great tutorials!)
>
> What I will do next week:
> - I thought I could finish a basic multi-view reconstruction operator this
> week. But it turned out that it involves a great deal of changes to the
> original codebase. So I will continue the work of multi-view reconstruction.
> - look into the UI side and consider making a separate mode for specifying
> correspondences.
>

> Thanks,
> Tianwei

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin