[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #6 - Bezier curves improvements

João Araújo jaraujo98 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 00:23:58 CEST 2016

Hi all,

this week I continued fixing the previous reported bugs on the Extend tool.
I have also managed to advance much faster on the Trim tool than I was
expecting, and I am only a few bugs away from having it complete. The major
showstopper is a bug in one of my helper functions (the "chop" function),
but I blame my C inexperience for that one. I have asked my mentor for help
on that one.

For the next week, I am planning on releasing a test build with the trim
operator in order to receive some user feedback and fix bugs. I will also
start thinking about the offset operator.

I also plan to implement a new operator a user suggested me. It builds on
top of the Extend operator, so it should be done by the end of the week. To
simplify it, the current Extend operator only works with one or two
vertices selected, and the behaviors are different in both cases. The
operator I was suggested to implement is something like a "Batch Extend",
which would make tasks as the one in the following image much faster.

http://www.duarteramos.pt/media/share/Features02.gif

Best regards,
João Araújo