[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #12 - Layer Manager

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 06:23:17 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Wiki link: https://goo.gl/JViBtc

What I did this week:

Didn't manage to spend *that* much time on layer manager related
stuff, due to upcoming 2.78 Bcon3 switch my attention was needed in
general development.
* Finished and submitted local view refactor patch (D2138). Its benefits are:
  ** Separated layer and local view data (separate bit-fields)
  ** New API and storage for local view handling (more future proof solution).
  ** Less hacky than old system.
  ** Support for up to 32 local views (used to be 8).
  ** Compatibility with old system.
* Made final review and edits to Grease Pencil V2 branch, merged into
master Wednesday.
* Made HMD_viewport branch ready-ish for review and submitted patch (D2133)
* Other general development (review, fixes, cleanups, etc).

Next Week:

Local view stuff is mostly done for now, so I should be able to move
back to layer manager branch itself.
* Finish code design overview doc.
* Continue updating old code for new system (will try to deprecate
Scene.base completely).
* Add visibility bits as layer property.

Cheers,
- Julian -