[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #02 - Viewport FX III

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat May 31 12:27:17 CEST 2014

I'm not sure why to blame merges. We couldn't postpone everything actually.
Not even sure why it might be an issue for the project. You might easily
ignore them for now.

Looks like you're trying to put all the legacy code onto the compatibility
layer and bring it to live all together, which is rather a huge project and
which didn't work two times already. What is the point of compatibility
layer anyway?

Would really suggest making smaller steps in order to make stuff mergeable
to master:

- Put all the stuff needed from GHOST side and all the mathutils stuff and
other utility functions to master. This should work just fine with the
legacy OpenGL we're using.
- In the branch start porting areas one-by-one into new GL. Starting with
window draw and interface elements. And by porting i mean port to new GL
calls, not some compatibility layer. It should even be possible to have
interface using newer GL and viewport using legacy code.
- Then port all the rest areas to new GL. Something like: port them, test
them, merge them.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin