[Soc-2014-dev] Pushing the changes

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:41:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

Just some notes about pushing the changes to git repository.

Apparently it's not so easy to control from server side and prevent you
from ruining the full repository. So rule of thumb for the young players is
to NOT run command if your'e unsure about what it does. We always have
loads of developers in IRC who could help you.

So basically you can do whatever you want in your own branch apart form one
thing:

Don't add/modify binary files unless it's really needed. Some folks loves
to change their splashscreens or put binary libraries. Such things
increases repository size real quick, and since we're using Git it'll make
everyone's working copy grow real quick as well.

When you're pushing stuff to the server, always make sure you're pushing to
your branch only. Don't push to master or other's branches. CLI for this is:

$ git push origin your_branch_name

Not sure about `GUI tools, but for them you can easily ask folks in IRC.

Think this are the only things which are required ti keep our repository in
a sane state.

And please never hesticate to ask for the help! Ask questions here or in
IRC. We'll reply as soon as possible.

And for now, happy coding!

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin