[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #4 Fluids

Roman Pogribnyi pogribnyi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 01:49:56 CEST 2014

 Hello everyone,

This week, I have finished mesh passing procedure between Blender and
Mantaflow. All simulation objects are now written to corresponding files,
handled in setup script and then simulated. For Mantaflow to work without
CUDA, I added a function to derive SDF from imported mesh and to apply to
grids accordingly, in order to get obstacles, inflow sources etc.

Next week, the plan is to
- add forced subdivision to objects that are too big for the SDF function
to process them correctly.
- handle obstacle positioning for 2D cases
- make script generation more modular
- make Mantaflow inflow function better
- testing, handling unusual input
- if enough time, incude mantaflow to blender build, make everything run
together

Best regards,

Roman Pogribnyi