[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report 13-14 Viewport FX

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 05:15:10 CEST 2013

These last two weeks have been rather busy (since for all practical
purposes I have 3 jobs), but I will be able to bring everything to what I
feel is a satisfactory conclusion.

I always underestimate how challenging and time consuming writing is, so my
plans to do any detailed testing will have to wait.

I spent week 13 reviewing the patch for Viewport FX.  I came up with a
to-do list of about 300 items.  Fortunately most of those are more of a
"wish list" and the urgent issues are mainly missing features when running
on OpenGL core profile or ES.

Doing anything quickly with such a broad patch is difficult!  Today I
started to act on a refactor I planned when writing the documentation
(essentially I was writing the documentation based on the refactor, not the
code as it stood at the time).  It took several hours just to get
everything to compile again due to new header files and renaming and my
hands and wrists hurt afterward.

It is like trying to change the overall shape of a model after adding too
many vertices :-)

I'll be crunching this weekend to have as much done as possible by the firm
pencils down date.