[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly report #12 Cycles nodes

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Sep 6 20:20:20 CEST 2013

Hi,
here my report for week 12:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2013/Weekly_Reports/Week12

= Week 12 =

== What I did this week ==
* I wrote an overview of all my GSoC work this year:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2013/User_Documentation

* Some code cleanup and fixes for Cycles in trunk.

* I spend the rest of the week on volumetrics. Got excited about it
somehow. :)
** Read pbrt chapters 11 (Volume Scattering) and 16 (Volume Rendering),
quite advanced topics, but it helped me to understand some basics.
** Did some planning and discussion with Brecht about Volumes in Cycles.
Tried to get some code working on my own, but that didn't worked out well.
** Today (Friday) I got a cleaned up Volume patch and worked on this.
The original patch is from storm, and Stuart did some work there and
improved it. I spend the day with cleanup and refactoring of Blender
Node code and SVM registration, which in total made the patch about 300
lines smaller and simpler.
** Current patch, status and docs can be found here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/Volume

== Next week ==
* Continue work on Volumes. Further cleanup and I'd like to get the
Transparent Volume node working. Now that there is a basic
implementation and the Henyey-Greenstein phase function, transparent
shouldn't be difficult.

== Questions ==
None.

--