[Soc-2013-dev] Introducing everyone!

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Wed May 29 18:35:47 CEST 2013

     Hello everyone,

     I'll introduce myself too. I am Gavin Howard. I am 21 years old, and I
recently transferred to Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah,
United States. I will be studying Computer Science, Animation Emphasis, so
this project fits in perfectly. Right now, I am at a family summer camp run
by BYU located in the mountains above the university. I think that this
will be the best summer I will ever have.

     I have submitted very small patches to blender before, but I haven't
done any real coding. This is my first chance, and I intend to do it right.
I am grateful that Ton decided to take a chance on me (thanks, Ton!). Like
Ton's list says, I will be doing Deformation Motion Blur for Cycles. If I
can sneak in code for per-object, multi-step motion blur, I will do that
too. :) Because I am a beginner, I made the scope of my project very small
(just CPU), but I would like to also add CUDA capability.

     Anyway, that's me! I am excited to work with you all this summer!

     God Bless,
     Gavin Howard