[Soc-2013-dev] Students, first todo: wiki doc

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed May 29 13:22:49 CEST 2013

Hi students,

It's very important everyone knows the details of the proposal you did.

I would like to have this all in our wiki now. Also your documentation and progress reporting should go there. When you prefer to use your own blog, the relevant content should be copied over to wiki anytime.

You can make an account here (top right button):
http://wiki.blender.org

Use your own local namespace to add and edit docs. That url would look like this;
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ton

Then add a link (with descriptive title) to the main GSoC wiki section here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2013

Note: you don't have to update or revise the doc until you start working for real. Reworking the docs into a full reviewed & accepted design and planning document will be your first week(s) assignment!

Here's a nice doc about the current "Community Bonding Period":
http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2007/04/so-what-is-this-community-bonding-all.html

Feel welcome to join IRC, mail stuff, talk to the other devs, get Blender compiled, or just have fun together.
I also want to ensure users and developers find each other efficiently too. I really like to see artists involved (daily!) with student progress.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute