[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #5 VSE (Alexandr Kuznetsov)

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Mon Jul 22 14:04:05 CEST 2013

Hi Alex,

> Yes, C++ is only for the rendering code.

good :) Now, I'm relieved.

> I created the dependency graph structure which is passed to the
> rendering engine.
> The only problem is effect data:
> A strip's DNA has different effects and we have specific functions and
> special code for reading/writing them.
> As it is now, I created effect_cpp class during run time for easy
> function overload.

that's right in principle.

> I will probably change back to C function pointers for effects then.

you shouldn't.

Effect rendering can be (and should be!) savely ported to C++, no
problem. (It's part of the render engine, isn't it?)

Please replace init -> C++ constructor, destruct -> virtual
~destructor() and add a proper factory class.

> a) We pass only the whole render structure, so yes

ok.

> b) Render engine only reads DNA (like movie path), doesn't alter it

good.

> c) Guarded Alloc has a nice macro for c++ classes

there should be an Allocator class, I wrote ages ago, yupe! :)

Regards,
Peter

--
Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile.de>