[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #10: Cycles Motion Blur

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:03:00 CEST 2013

All,

My report is below and at:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gdh/GSoC-2013#Weekly_Report_.2310:_Cycles_Motion_Blur
.

== Weekly Report #10: Cycles Motion Blur ==

==== What I did this week ====

This week, I did better than the previous two weeks, although I did not do
*nearly* as well as I wanted to do. I did finally start to know **what**
questions to ask, and I asked them. Brecht was incredibly helpful this week
(and also incredibly quick with code; see r59399). I don't quite understand
all that is going on, but I am working on it. This was the reason I set the
scope of this project to be quite small.

This week, I managed to finish a bit of code that calculated the larger
bounding box for a mesh if it was using deformation motion blur. Brecht
wanted me to include all of the motion samples in the mesh's BoundBox, and
I actually managed to get that code to work. After that, I was asking
questions by email and trying to sort out the patch that Brecht sent me.

==== What I will do next week ====

Better. I will do better. My schedule for next week is more predictable.

On the coding side, I will get the BVH done. I think that if that can be
done, I can still make the pencils down date.

==== Questions ====

None right now.

-- Gavin Howard, 23 August 2013