[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #8: Cycles Motion Blur

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 22:38:07 CEST 2013

All,

My report is below and at:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gdh/GSoC-2013#Weekly_Report_.238:_Cycles_Motion_Blur
.

== Weekly Report #8: Cycles Motion Blur ==

==== What I did this week ====

I didn't get much done this week. There are several reasons. First, I don't
understand Cycles kernel code because there are a lot of macros. I am
trying to figure out what they mean.

I'm pretty sure I have a good handle on some of them. For example, all
functions with the macro "__device" are functions that are loaded into a
device (CPU or GPU). Any function with "__device_inline" is a function that
will be inlined in a device. Correct me if I am wrong on those macros.

Also, things happened in my personal life, so this week became a social
week for me. I ended up with two dates lined up (one for later today, one
for tomorrow morning).

So yes, I admit that I got '''very''' little done this week, but I proved
that I can make up the difference already in the first half of the summer.

==== What I will do next week ====

I will continue to rip through Cycles' kernel. I am starting to get an idea
of where the code I need should go, so if I can, I will start adding it.

==== Questions ====

Is there a "Guide to Cycles Macros" or something? :)

-- Gavin Howard, 09 August 2013