[Soc-2012-dev] Wiki documentation + code.blender.org post

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:11:44 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I still don't have any information for four students, and a couple of
others are missing their wiki pages.  Please add your
blenderartists.org thread and wiki page if I don't have it already
below.

LetterRip

BGE Converter Improvement
Mitchell Stokes -  mentored by Dalai Felinto

Cycles Subsurface Scattering
Roger Wilco -  mentored by Brecht Van Lommel

Smoke Simulator Improvements
MiikaH -  mentored by Daniel Genrich

Sushi Branch
Modeling Tools: Bevel, Bridge, Boolean
Alexander Mokhov -  mentored by Howard Trickey

Here are this years gsoc projects.  With GSoC officially started we've
requested that the students start a blender wiki page to document
their project and progress, and a blenderartists.org thread to recieve
public feedback and suggestions.

This year we will again have the students share branches.

Here is the graphic representation that shows which projects will be
in which branches.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/File:Gsoc2012branches.png

Here are the links to the projects, please note that not all students
have created their wikipages and blenderartists.org threads - the post
will be updated when the rest of the students threads and wikipages
are ready.

Swiss Cheese Branch

Multitouch Framework
Nicholas Rishel - mentored by Mike Erwin
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255321-GSoC-2012-Framework-for-Multitouch
 http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:PrototypeNM1

OpenGL Moibile Compatibility and Android Port
Alexandr Kuznetsov - mentored by  Ton Roosendaal
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255746-GSoC-2012-Android-Blenderplayer-Port-with-OpenGL-ES-(2.0)
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:AlexK/gsoc2012

BGE Converter Improvement
Mitchell Stokes -  mentored by Dalai Felinto

Hive System (nodal logic) for the Blender Game Engine
Spencer Alves -  mentored by Benoit Bolsee
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Impiaaa/Hive_system
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254219-GSoC-project-Hive-system-for-Blender-Nodal-logic!

Viewport FX (drawing code/opengl refactor)
Jason Wilkins -  mentored by Ton Roosendaal
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254243-Viewport-FX

Bratwurst Branch
User Interface Task List
Jorge Rodriquez -  mentored by Thomas Dinges
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255753-GSoC-User-Interface-Tasklist
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Vino/GSoC_2012

Texture Workflow & Tool Development
Antonis Riakiotakis -  mentored by Sergey Sharybin
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254938-GSOC-2012-Texture-UV-tools-development

FBX Import/Assimp Integration
Alexander Gessler - mentored by Tom Musgrove
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?241595-Blender-FBX-Import
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?249973-GSoC-Blender-FBX-Importer
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Aramis_acg

Collada Animation Improvements
Phabtar - mentored by Tom Musgrove
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254619-COLLADA-Improvements-for-GSoC

Fried Chicken Branch

Bullet Integration
Sergej Reich -  mentored by Joshua Lueng
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255667-GSoC-2012-Bullet-Integration
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sergof/GSoC2012

Cycles Subsurface Scattering
Roger Wilco -  mentored by Brecht Van Lommel

Smoke Simulator Improvements
MiikaH -  mentored by Daniel Genrich

Sushi Branch
Modeling Tools: Bevel, Bridge, Boolean
Alexander Mokhov -  mentored by Howard Trickey

Precision Modelling Tools
Luke Frisken -  mentored by Martin Poirier
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255662-GSOC-2012-Precision-Modelling-Tools
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kellpossible

New Tesselator and other modeling tools
Andrei Simionescu - mentored by Campbell Barton
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255769-GSOC-New-tessellator

Mesh Smoothing tools
Alexander Pinzon -  mentored by Daniel Genrich
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254297-GSoC-2012-Improving-Mesh-Smoothing-tool-in-Blender
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Apinzonf