[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly progress report 5 - Sushi - Laplacian Mesh Smoothing

Alexander Pinzon Fernandez apinzonf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 22:45:29 CEST 2012

Hi
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Apinzonf/progress
Week 5 Report[edit<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Apinzonf/progress&action=edit&section=19>
]What I did this week?

I solved the problem with quads that had Desbrun, et
al<http://multires.caltech.edu/pubs/ImplicitFairing.pdf>,
using the paper Xiong et
al<http://www.springerlink.com/content/y524204530h2344w/>
.

I studied the paper and adapt Mean Laplace–Beltrami Operator for
Quadrilateral Meshes Xiong et. Al.
2011<http://www.springerlink.com/content/y524204530h2344w/> to
work with quads and triangles at same time.

I implemented the laplacian smoothing for triangles and quads how a modifier

MOD_laplaciansmooth.c and operator bmo_smooth_laplacian.c.

The algorithm in operator bmo_smooth_laplacian.c was changed for best
performance.

I added some constraints.

Soft constraints: each vertex can be weighted according to the desired
smoothing that we want.

Hard constraints: vertices can be constrained along an axis

I did optimization code and apply coding style with base on
Dev:Doc/CodeStyle <http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/CodeStyle>

[edit<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Apinzonf/progress&action=edit&section=20>
]What you plan to do next week?

Publish versions for windows and linux and I start working on refine
current graphical user integration with the community.

[edit<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Apinzonf/progress&action=edit&section=21>
]Any roadblocks, difficulties, etc.

The results are very good, and I think in future I will write a paper

Att

Alexander Pinzon Fernandez