[Soc-2012-dev] Assimp-FBX Status Report 2

Alexander Gessler alexander.gessler at gmx.net
Sat Jun 2 21:49:38 CEST 2012

Hey,

apologies for the delay in posting my report! - I forgot about it.

What you did this week
====================

Worked on Assimp integration in Blender. Geometry, scene hierarchy,
basic camera and lamps and materials (including UV mappings) and
textures are imported now.

Started my assimp FBX importer. No, it doesn't load anything yet :-)

Next Week
=========

I didn't manage to import assimp animations (this was one of my TODOs
for this week) - I hope to do this this weekend, but if not I need to
continue next week.

My main priority will shift to my assimp branch where I'll work on the
FBX importer. I think its a reasonable target to say that I want to get
the scene hierarchy read until the end of the week.

However, next week will be very busy for me with regard to University
workload. I hope I can invest enough time - starting with the week after
this week I will be able to put my full time on FBX.

Problems so far

Spent too much time tracking down some stupid memory flaws I produced
(and didn't solve all, with some of my test files I'm still getting
crashes in release builds).

Apart from this, no real problems. I think my understanding of Blender's
data structures has improved a lot last week.

Bye, Alex