[Soc-2012-dev] UI Tasklist update

Jorge Rodriguez bs.vino at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 20:25:03 CEST 2012

Items removed from my to-do list this week:

* *Color picker buttons to select pure black or pure white.* There are no
icons I could use for these though, so I just labeled them "W" and "B" for
now. How would I go about coloring the buttons somehow?
* *Color picker now closes if the mouse gets too far, just like menus.*
* *When one menu is open and the user clicks another menu*, the second menu
previously would need two click to open and now only needs one. This
involved some special reworks and I opened a code review, see below.
* *Separators between areas can now be dragged closed.*

There would be one more item but I did it wrong and had to revert it. I'd
like to have had more things but Blender's UI code requires a lot of
studying to make sure I make changes in the correct place. Hopefully as
time goes by and I learn more I can start producing things faster.

For the separators patch and the menu patch I created two codereview
entries. Both Ton and Brecht are the module owners in this area, but
they're pretty busy so I'd appreciate if others could also help in getting
these patches reviewed :)

http://codereview.appspot.com/6269044/
http://codereview.appspot.com/6279046/

My priorities still aren't terribly well defined, but next week I'm going
to be working on allowing python UI scripts to right-align widgets, a
request by DingTo.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez