[Soc-2012-dev] Hive system integration weekly report, week 7

Spencer Alves impiaaa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 08:41:48 CEST 2012

What I did this week
Apparently I was horribly wrong when last week I said I was done with the sound system. There were a number of design issues that would have made it unusable. Sjoerd asked me to re-write it again, and hopefully for a final time, with a better design. I’m still working on the new system, but I expect it to be done soon, with workable examples. Also this week, as a small side project to help with documentation, I wrote a very quick introduction to the Hive system that’s less formal than the manual. It’s under manual/ in my Hive branch.

What I will do next week
Next week I will need to come up with non-trivial examples of usage of the Hive sound system in Blender.

Problems I had this week
I was a little busy this week so development has been a bit slower than I’d like. In addition I’ve been having small problems, as usual, getting Hive to work the way I want. I’ll speak with Sjoerd again about them the next chance I have.

-Spencer