[Soc-2012-dev] GSOC 2012 - Precision Modelling Tools - Final Report (for now!)

Luke Frisken l.frisken at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 22:17:28 CEST 2012

Week 12 Report

*What I did this week: *
This week's been a busy one, with Uni just starting to ramp up again, but
It's also been a really productive one in blender! Planar Snapping and
Parallel snapping are working to the point where people can use them. There
are still a few bugs that need solving and handy/obvious features that are
missing, but it's already enjoyable to use them. I created a Youtube video
and uploaded some builds for users to test: Youtube Video of
Progress<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orx9lQLoqos&feature=plcp> Also
been working on some user and Dev docs for the end of GSOC.

User Docs <http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kellpossible/user_docs>

Still need to save and upload the diagrams/schematics for the design, and
write about them as of the time of this post, but I'll get that done
tomorrow morning I think.

Dev Docs <http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kellpossible/dev_docs>

*What's in store for next week?(Month) *
This project isn't done by any means! But It's just starting to get
exciting, so I'm pumped to keep working on it over the coming months (with
Martin offering to continue to oversee progress), and exchanging feedback
with users to keep improving it. Current targets are: Implement a few
architectural changes that didn't make the last commit. (new menu system,
event/state handling, etc) A working multi-snap prototype to show at the
Blender meetup next week. Get this stuff into trunk, and make sure I cover
use cases of the previous snap system that may not be so obvious to me.