[Soc-2012-dev] bratwurst build errors almost the same on mac os x 10.6 snow leopard and ubuntu 10.04 lucid

post at bennyd.de post at bennyd.de
Thu Aug 9 10:34:32 CEST 2012

Hello GSOC Developers,

for a while I'm waiting for an fbx importer in blender and I'm very happy that
it has come to life recently with this GSOC-project from aramis. Unfortunately
nobody seems to be out there, who is trying or able to build binaries from
bratwurst branch for mac. I looked at graphicall.org but even there no build
 with fbx-import is available. Since I can't wait to test this importer I
started to try building the code myself. Actually I thought this couldn't be
such a big problem when following the instructions here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Mac
After getting some errors I also prepared my Ubuntu 10.04 lucid which I run in
virtual box and set up the build environment like instructed here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Ubuntu/Scons
Interestingly I'm getting almost the same following errors:

Compiling ==> 'stack.c'
source/blender/blenlib/intern/stack.c:43: error: redefinition of typedef
‘BLI_Stack’
source/blender/blenlib/BLI_stack.h:31: note: previous declaration of ‘BLI_Stack’
was here
scons: ***
[/home/benny/Software/build/linux/source/blender/blenlib/intern/stack.o] Error 1

Since I'm not a developer but just an advanced user who is keen enough to try to
build by himself, I do not understand
what this is trying to tell me at all. Is there any solution to fix this? Or has
anyone already successfully build the bratwurst branch on mac with fbx-import? I
would really appreciate that.

cheers

Benny

--