[Soc-2012-dev] Hive system integration weekly report, week 11

Spencer Alves impiaaa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:15:36 CEST 2012

What I did this week
This week I started on the location/views system Benoit has proposed to me for the Hive system. I’m sure it will still need more work, but it’s at least at a first draft right now. The views system will allow you to get and set the position and rotation of any entity from any given reference point, which can be useful in games. I’ve also started investigating what I will need to do for the physics system. In order to make it work out, I’ll need to allow BGE Python to create GE sensors at run-time. My hope is that, if but one thing comes out of this GSoC project, it will be this, because it would be beneficial to anyone who uses the game engine.

What I will do next week
Probably more work on the views system before I continue with physics.

Problems I had this week
None

-Spencer