[Soc-2011-dev] weekly progress reports

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat May 28 07:47:47 CEST 2011

I was just thinking this semester about how composting software has an
implicit programming language.

Just a suggestion, a good fit for a language for nodes is most likely
a functional data-flow language.  A language like Lustre fits the
bill.

Languages like Puredata, Lab-View, and other visual languages may also
be worth looking at, although I'm not sure if those have a text
representation (although, languages don't literally have to be text,
they can exist purely as a parse tree, similar to Lisp).

Data-flow and lazy evaluation are similar concepts and I think either
would work well.

Your project sounds like its right up my alley (it matches my research
area), wish I could do it :)