[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report #1 : May 27, 2011

shuvro sarker shuvro05 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:49:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

This is Shuvro. I am working on the Avocado branch which can be found in the
following link -
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2011-avocado/blender

This is the weekly progress report of this week-

Work done this week:

   - Added code for drawing  dual
graph<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_graph>using the properties and
functions of bmesh data structure. The code is just
   for test purpose and is placed in the file bmesh_tools.c for now. It will be
   moved later and some improvement will be made on this code.

   - Integration of
Eigen3<http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page>library.

   - Started writing C wrapper API for the library mentioned above. My
   mentor(Elubie) is helping me a lot in doing this.

   - Added some dummy codes (dummyClass) to prove the fact that the function
   of the eigen library can be successfully called from the wrapper API.

Plan for the next week:

   - Continue writing the wrapper API.
   - Reorganize the presently added code.
   - Try to calculate eigen vector and eigenvalues by calling eigen3
   functions from blender code through the wrapper API.
   - Try to have a better understanding about the build process of blender.
   - Any important subtask suggested by my mentor.

Issues that require extra attention:

So far, no major problem occured.

That's all for this week. Thanks. Stay Fine.

Shuvro