[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly status report 1 - 27 May - garlic

xiangquan xiao xiaoxiangquan at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:35:53 CEST 2011

1) what you did this week

Dive into the code related to UI text rendering. Did some tests to see how
the system works ( font handles, UI styles, python's blf handle, textdomain
settings, etc ). Then successfully displayed some menu items with Chinese,
and found a ttf for unicode characters. ( unifont.ttf, see unifoundry.com )

2) what you will do next week

Begin to write formal codes and commit. It may start with a unified
framework for both C and Python to benefit from gettext. I have got some
ideas.

3) any problems that will require extra attention and the impact on
your proposed schedule

Font files will increase the Blender's size dramatically. Now we found the
unifont.ttf, while takes 15MB and could be zipped to 3MB. We are still
looking for a better way to handle this.