[Soc-2011-dev] weekly progress reports

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:05:45 CEST 2011

HI all,

for GSoC we expect students to provide a weekly progress report each
Friday (I should be completed by end of Friday your time - NOT Monday
after the weekend :) ).

There are three essential elements

1) what you did this week

To make it easier to recall, you might just want to do a few notes
each day on what you are working on

2) what you will do next week

either based on your schedule or based on discussion with your mentor

3) any problems that will require extra attention and the impact on
your proposed schedule

it is really best to be up front about unanticipated challenges as
soon as possible.

Also if you are having difficulties communicating with your mentor (or
mentors if you are having difficulties communicating with your
student) please let me know privately by email as soon as possible.

LetterRip