[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report #5 - Node Engine for the BGE

Sven von Brand svbrandl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 06:19:49 CEST 2011

This is the node engine for the BGE project.

== This week: ==

A formal language design is done, it has to be approved by Benoit or
corrections must be made. More examples have been made, specially with
the proposed syntax. Design had to be changed to better adapt to
Benoit's original design, as it solves many important problems. Also
the states of graphs will be implemented as current states in the Game
Engine. The current document has enough information about the design,
functionality and elements of the language to make a little proof of
concept engine. Examples have already shown how re usability will be
easy to implement in the new system. Added a Wiki page to follow the
project progress.

I had less time to work this week as the hard drive of my computer
failed and I had to rescue my work and install my development
environment again, all which took me more than I expected.

Document WIP! link: http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/c/c2/Paper0.5.pdf

== Next week: ==

It was the plan to do some coded examples this week, but they will be
made next week. The design document will have a first version to share
next week, but it will not be the final document, as after the
implementation of the Node Engine is done, another document must be
done explaining how it is done and how it must be used. Benoit's
corrections to the document will be integrated to share the document.

== Problems ==
A disk failure of my computer affected the plans for this week, as I
had to install a new development environment and had to recover the
data from the old disk, next week should be better and things
originally planed for this week be made.

More information from the project can be found in my wiki page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Svbrand