[Soc-2011-dev] weekly progress report #4 onion branch - UV tools

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:16:30 CEST 2011

1) What you did this week:

Spent a lot of time trying to refactor the existing code of stitch
operator in an optimal way. Unfortunately a lot of the attempts were
unfruitful in terms of bugs introduced and behaviour. Now operator is
about 50% where I wanted to go. Preview seems to be working for vertex
stitching at least and it's much more intuitive than previous
behavior.

2) What will you do next week.

Wrap up the stitch operator and move on to UV island manager. Relax
brushes are also on the table. A refactor is under-way with brushes
but looks like for UV editor it may be possible to make something
without too many collisions. I am considering splitting time between
the two.

3) Problems:
This week has been less productive than I wanted, target was to finish
one tool per week. I learned a lot of stuff but a lot of time was
spent trying things and bug-fixing. I learned that an even better
approach can be taken from the one I use right now but a new refactor
could take too much time. It can be done with dynamic containers in
RNA for which I found little documentation and I can't spend more time
trying things out now. Maybe I'll leave it for the end.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Psy-Fi
(I know I have to update this, still I wanted to finish smart stiching
before that)

http://psy-fidelity.blogspot.com/