[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report # 5 (from 6/19 to 6/26 )

Sukhitha Jayathilake pr.jayathilake at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:18:18 CEST 2011

Hi all!
My project is improving COLLADA Animation support

*== What I did this week ==*

--  Continued work on armature import system improvements. Went through the
existing code at the beginning of the week. Not much time was spent as with
the Animation Importer.
    Coded new functions which are independent of skin controller data.
Basically the new functions follow the Skin dependent functions to a
considerable extent.

--  Tested the new system on a cube parented to a single armature with a
single bone. The Animations got imported correctly but had some bugs with
animation assignments. This was fixed
     by modifying Document Importer. Also tested with a simple armature with
4 bones. After fixing some issues with leaf bone creation, the animations
got imported correctly. But there are
    still some  transformation faults remaining.

-- Improved the wiki page documentation with the addition of diagram.

More detailed log is maintained here : *
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phabtar/Full_COLLADA_Animation_Support_for_Blender/Diary_and_Notes
*

== *Plans for next week* ==

-- Fix bugs of the armature animation import. Also fix issues with skinned
armature animation. Focus on some bugs assigned to me which are related to
the project.

== Issues ==
Had some build issues after merging with the trunk. This was resolved by
another merge but still blender seems to crash when running. So reverted to
a working revision and updated
only the collada related files to the latest revision. This won't be much of
an issue after updating to newer revisions.

Cheers!
phabtar.
--
Sukhitha Jayathilake,