[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Status Report 5 - 24 June - AnimSys Polish

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:42:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

1) This week...
Has been very productive, despite having two exams (rescheduled too)
and yet more disruptive quakes going on this week.

I've finally kickstarted my long-planned (and delayed) animation
channel filtering refactoring and bugfixing project, which aims to
resolve the causes of some long-standing bugs. Indeed, this has
already happened this week in the case of two long-standing bug
reports in the tracker being solved directly (or with the help of)
changes made this week.

The work this week was mainly focussed on streamlining the set of
filtering flags available, and (in order to make the bugfixes) cleanly
separate data visibility (i.e. whether bone is visible for
only-selected option, and hence whether it's F-Curves get shown) and
channel-list hierarchy visibility (i.e. whether the group that an
F-Curve is in is expanded or not, and hence visible).

I've also been running 2 polls this week. While I've already gotten
quite a lot of valuable feedback from there already, I'll include the
links here in case anyone has any points they would like to add which
haven't been already noted:
-http://aligorith.blogspot.com/2011/06/gsoc11-text-strip-requirements-poll-2.html
-http://aligorith.blogspot.com/2011/06/gsoc11-animator-poll-3-filtering-option.html

2) Next week
- Refactor the channel filtering code to remove the check-then-do
idiom, which was getting hard to maintain, as the filtering conditions
would need to get updated more than once. Once this is done, the
problems with material nodes (and probably texture nodes while I'm at
it) should get resolved too.

- Go through double-checking that each tool is using the right
filtering methods, and/or check that they're all working still

3) Problems
This week should be nice and clear now.

Joshua