[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report #4 : June 18, 2011

shuvro sarker shuvro05 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:22:29 CEST 2011

Work done this week:

   - Done initial implementation of the seam generation algorithm. The
   algorithm now works for simple meshes. As the algorithm is not made
   recursive yet, it only generates 2 pieces of seam for each mesh. In the
   final implementation it will generate more number of seams.
   - Done some changes in algorithm of the encoding of mesh into the dual
   graph. Now, the dual graph of the mesh contains much sematic information of
   the mesh than the previous implementation.
   - A lot of restructure in the code was done for the efficiency of the
   algorithm. This was mainly proposed and done by my mentor Elubie. I have got
   sufficient help from my mentor in solving some critical problems of the
   algorithm too.
   - Handled non-manifold meshes.

Plan for next week:

   - Fix and improve some issues regarding the current implementation.
   - Try to generate sufficient number of initial seams with the algorithm

Issues that require extra attention:

No such issue for now.

That's all for this week. Thanks.

Shuvro