[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Status Report 4 - 17 June - AnimSys Polish

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:03:22 CEST 2011

AnimSystem Polish

1) This week
What a week it's been... two significant earthquakes within 80 minutes
of each other on Monday afternoon (and subsequent early-morning
wake-u, exam season in limbo until yesterday, and volcanic ash from
halfway around the world flaring its head over these parts. Phew!

Despite that, the uni's loss is Blender's gain ;)
- Added operator to make importing Keying Sets into a scene (from
scripts) easier
- Bugfixes for adding keying sets (entire array is enabled by default
for paths added manually via UI) and for Text Editor
- Coded a new "Local space" option for Drivers, which should work in
the way people have been passionately lobbying for (i.e. yes, you can
now make corrective shapekeys driven per-axis by IK-driven controllers
again)
- "Title card" strip for Sequencer - experimental feature, which makes
it easier to set up simple title-card type static text displays for
use in videos. From discussions, clearly this should become a more
generalised text-display mechanism versus specifically title-cards
only.

2) Next week
Exam season has now been moved back a few days, so I don't really
anticipate doing much for the first half of the week at least
(assuming no other unexpected disruptions pop up).

Main targets for next week
- actually have a good sit down on the channel filtering code and get
some major progress with that. I've been holding off doing major work
there while uni term hasn't finished yet (though I've done some
- any time left over will go towards fleshing out good proper design
for text-strip in sequencer to replace Title-cards (the current
implementation will be left in place as a stop-gap until a course of
action here is decided).