[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report 02 - Sculpt & Paint General - Onion

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 03:59:19 CEST 2011

Currently I am merging work by Nicolas Bishop on masking, mesh hiding,
vpaint, and ptex into Onion branch so that the work does not bit rot
and can be refactored along with future improvements to sculpt/paint
later this Summer.

I have to do this one revision at a time because the changes the
changes I made in soc-2010-jwilkins and the changes Nick made in
soc-2010-nicolasbishop are not totally compatible.  However this has
been a good opportunity to get familiar with parts of the code, such
as multires and pbvh, which I have worked with before but I was not
really aware how to extend them like Nick has.

Next week I plan to finish up integration of Nick's work and make
plans on how to proceed from there.

A heads up, if your work involves editors/sculpt_paint/* then I plan
to almost completely remake sculpt.c and significant changes to
paint_stroke.c and likely paint_vertex.c as well.  Get a hold of me so
we can make this less painful in the future :)