[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report #2 - 2D tracker

Matthias Fauconneau matthias.fauconneau at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:24:42 CEST 2011

== This week ==
- Spent time understanding libmv codebase
- Evaluated necessary changes to integrate the window tracker
- After discussion on libmv-devel, we decided to first create a tracker test UI
- Initial implementation of a test Qt tracker GUI (load images, play
the sequence, seek, step frame by frame)
- Drafted a high level interface allowing applications to use libmv
with minimal knowledge of its internals

== Forecast ==
There is still some debate on the objectives of my GSOC.
It seems the best way to go to deliver something to Blender is to make
sure our current KLT implementation works correctly.
This will avoid stalling the Blender's tracker UI project which will
need some tracking support to develop further.
Eventually, we would like to support tracking through libmv
detector/descriptor framework.
Next week, I plan to integrate KLT support in our test application and
add a zoom view to assert its accuracy.
Though since I need to coordinate with my mentor and libmv lead
developer, this is not a final roadmap.

-- https://github.com/Matthias-Fauconneau/libmv