[Soc-2011-dev] dan_w weekly progress report 2 03/06/2011

Dan Walters dan683 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:23:52 CEST 2011

Dear all,

1) what you did this week

began work on grease pencil to bmesh tool

broke down task into following:

create a gui button, link to tool

retrieve the selected grease paint object

retrieve the splines associated with the grease paint object

prepare the splines (clean co-linear, etc)

iterate over the splines, creating intersections

iterate over the vertices, deleting if the vertex connects to 2 or
less edges, single pass

perform any necessary mesh cleaning, removing duplicated faces, etc.

partial implemented some of the above in code, detailed and noted
challenges and issues on others

2) what you will do next week

complete above implementation

begin to expand tool / conduct feasibility study to consider
previewing bmesh when editing grease pencil

plan implementation of next tool

3) any problems that will require extra attention and the impact on
your proposed schedule

I was again planning on having more done this week. I am still finding
it hard adjusting to the blender environment, but between my mentor
and I, we will get through it and keep on track. This coming week is
vital to staying on course as far as the timetable is concerned.
Knowing if I am approaching a problem in the right way is a challenge
and I am unsure where I should lie between 'get it done' and 'get it
right'