[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Status Report 2 - 3 June

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:42:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,

This week:
I haven't managed to get much coding done this week, though with a
long weekend coming up and the bulk of assignments done now (assuming
nothing comes up regarding some presentation next week), I'll
hopefully get a bit more done over the next few days.

Having said that, I have worked on
- Fixing a few tracker reports (delta keyingsets, marker-hotkey
availability), and Time-Slide bugs
- Improved behaviour of deleting all keyframes from actions. Now
unlinks empty actions if not in use by NLA
- "Clear useless actions" operator
- Experimental F-Modifier feature (to be committed shortly)
- Launched a poll on my blog regarding a few features
(http://aligorith.blogspot.com/2011/06/gsoc11-small-tweaks-poll.html).
This will hopefully be the first in a series of such polls. Currently
the feedback I'm getting from that is actually quite consistent,
though then again I've only had a relatively small sample ;)

Next Week:
Hopefully I'll get around to getting the channel filtering refactor
closer to some committable state.

Pending the results of the poll, I'll be making some small tweaks as
listed there.

I'm also looking at the idea of including my shapekey remapping tool
in my branch sometime (maybe next week, maybe later), followed by
adding copy weights support and other such improvements. But priority
is more on dealing with the channel filtering stuff first, so this may
be something that I'll leave till the week after?

Problems?
Nothing really major this week. It'd be good to hear a few more
opinions on the items in the poll, though I think I'm getting a good
feel for what needs doing there.

Cheers,
Joshua