[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report #10 - Dynamic Paint

Miika Hämäläinen miika.hamalainen at kolumbus.fi
Fri Jul 29 23:57:04 CEST 2011

> 1) what you did this week
I have been experimenting with new brush options. Biggest new feature
this week is velocity based painting. Now it's possible to use relative
velocity between surface and brush to determine it's influence and
color. This system also allows implementing other kind of velocity based
functionality. For example surface acceleration can affect dripping
direction or even cooler, it's finally possible to implement a "smudge"
brush that smears existing paint as it moves. Aside from that, I fixed
several bugs and added some smaller improvements.

However, this velocity code isn't completely finished yet so I haven't
committed anything from past few days. I'll try to get it done during
weekend.

> 2) what you will do next week

For next week I still have some items on my todo list, but I'm mainly
going to focus on documentation.