[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report #10 - 25th-31th July

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:41:46 CEST 2011

Hi, Blender and libmv Communities!

I'm still wirking on camera tracking integration project
(soc-2011-tomato branch) and here's some small progress for this week
> 1) what you did this week
(big changes only)

- Hide mouse cursor when sliding from preview widget.
- Shit-key holded down during sliding in preview area makes sliding more
accurate.
- Added "Clip" group to User Preferences -> Input.
- Anchor point could now be offseted from marker position.
- Resolved conflict caused by left-mouse selection option. Now it works
perfectly with sliding -- no more "sticky" keys or so.
- glog should no flood into logs files now.
- Request from Francois - changes in sliding:
   * Anchor point is for sliding the whole marker.
   * Square on pattern moves pattern and search relative to anchor point.
   * Square on search moves search only.
- Bundles in 3d viewport are colored by track custom color.
- Integrated VSE proxies patch from Peter Schlaile (my local branch only!):
   * This patch actually not solves cacheing issues, need to be solved
separately.
   * Own functions to build proxies for clip are needed.
   * Currently both of movies and sequences are working through proxies.
2D tracker uses original (non-proxied) resolution
   * Some small issues with patch were discovered and sent to Peter,
- 2D stabilization tools. Very basic tool based on average position of
selected tracks.

Please, do not complain about how stabilization tools id dealing with
camera solver atm, it'll be changes in realy nice way soon.

> 2) what you will do next week
- Finiish proxies integration and commit changes to branch.
- Make markers "animatable" (in terms of changing size when tracking.
discusses in libmv-devel) -- i haven't got time this week, sorry
- Integrate markers with dopesheet and fcurve editors. Have several
requests here. Also haven't got enough time and it's not so easy.
- Deal with rolls for stabilization and so.
- Most probably additional work on changing current things to match
artists workflow would be needed.
> 3) any problems that will require extra attention and the impact on your proposed schedule
There were no new problems this week.

Project homepage: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011

More info here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011/WeeklyProgress#Week_9:_18th-24th_July

Videos: most probably you've already seen this videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xeqnOWOwb4 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxUOaJ24tc

SVN repo:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2011-tomato/