[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report #9 : July 23, 2011

shuvro sarker shuvro05 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 02:51:06 CEST 2011

Work done this week:

   - Done most of the tasks mentioned in the midterm review by Brecht. The
   tasks can be found in
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User_talk:Shuvro/soc2011 . The
   completed tasks are marked as done. Among them the most interesting was
   generating seams only for the selected faces. The user to paint on meshes
   and create vertex groups. When they select one/more vertex groups, seams
   will be generated on them. This will help the user to generate the kind of
   seams they want.
   - Integration of the ARPACK library is done. This is the home page of the
   arpack. My mentor Andrea Weikert (Elubie) helped me a lot in integrating the
   library with blender.
   - Integration of f2c library is done.
   - A test function is written to see that ARPACK integration is working.

Plan for next week:

   - Work on the wrapper of ARPACK.
   - Generate seams using ARPACK
   - Try to work on some of the features mentioned here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KI57vzFy4M&feature=email&email=comment_reply_receivedby
the users.

That's all for this week.
Thanks.