[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report #9 - 18th-24th July

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 19:20:13 CEST 2011

Hi, Blender and libmv Communities!

I'm still wirking on camera tracking integration project
(soc-2011-tomato branch) and here's some small progress for this week
> 1) what you did this week
(big changes only)

- Added compositor node "Movie Clip".
- Click-and-slide behavior for placing marker.  Now "workflow" of adding
new marker is following:
   * Hit Ctrl+LMB
   * Release Ctrl
   * Slide mouse to give marker better position using preview widget for
this.
- Fixed bug with incorrect scale of UV project modifier when Blender
camera uses non-default sensor size.
- Track preview widget is now resizeable.
- Marker position could now be adjusted from track preview widget.
- Changed behavior of "Follow Track" constraint for tracks.  Now
tracking coordinates are mapped to plane which is parallel to camera
view plane.
- Added option to show tracks names and their states (disabled,
keyframed, estimated, tracked).
- Do not show bundles in 3d viewport if "Only Render" option is enabled.
- Selected bundles are now highlighted with outline. It looks more
Blender-way of highlighting selected items.
- Added option to show bundles names in 3D viewport.
- Bundles now could be selected from 3D viewport.
- Tweaked "Snap Cursor To Selection" operator: If selected object is
camera and there's bundles visible in viewport, snapping would use
midpoint of selected bundles.
- Option to lock tracks. Locked tracks can't be be moved, scaled,
re-tracked and so.
- Added setting for shape of bundle. Default is sphere.
- Test feature: configurable marker colors in Clip Editor. Use presets,
so plenty of different color could be defined and easily re-used.
- Added option to show distortion grid. It's most probably temporary
solution until [auto]calibration tools aren't merged. This grid defines
straight lines on the image.
- Movie Clip display aspect ratio is now available on Display panel.
- Refactor of context structure used for 2D tracking:
   * Tracker object is now per-track. This allows to use different
pyramid levels for different tracks and now search area resizing
shouldn't make tracking less accurate.
   * This is also be used for new optimized libmv API.
   * This allowed to use OpenMP to track different markers in separated
threads. This allowed to reach quite cool speedup for multi-core CPU.
- Added modifier key for marker transformation: if alt is pressed down
-- pattern/search will be moving relative to marker center.
- Changed behavior of mouse sliding:
   * To change marker position markers should be slided by it's center.
   * Left-top corners now used to offset pattern/search relative to
marker center.
   * Hide mouse cursor during sliding.
- Operator "Join Selected Tracks". This operator joins all selected
tracks to active track. Hotkey is Ctrl-J.
- Operator "Select Grouped". Now it's easy to select all
locked/keyframes/etc markers. Hotkey is Shit-G.
- Operator to jump to beginning/end of active path. Hotkeys are
Shift+Ctrl+Arrow Left/Right.
- Operator to copy color from active track to all tracks.
> 2) what you will do next week
- Continue proxies integration. haven't got enough time this week.
- Make markers "animatable" (in terms of changing size when tracking.
discusses in libmv-devel)
- Integrate markers with dopesheet and fcurve editors. Have several
requests here.
- libmv team is heavily working on api now. I hope new optimized
tracking would be allowed.
- As i understand new features like marker rotation would be needed.
- Most probably additional work on changing current things to match
artists workflow would be needed.
> 3) any problems that will require extra attention and the impact on your proposed schedule
There were no new problems this week.

Project homepage: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011

More info here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011/WeeklyProgress#Week_9:_18th-24th_July

Videos: Pardon, i'm a bit exhausted today and can't record cool video,
i'll defenetly record video tomorrow. Have some things to show and
describe myself. Hope its ok.

SVN repo:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2011-tomato/

--