[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report 7 onion branch uv tools

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:12:52 CEST 2011

What I did this week:
====================
Not an especially productive week, I have changed residence and had a
serious injury during the weekend. It meant I had to spend some time
visiting to doctors and settling in.
Yet these are my achievements for this week:

- communication with community, there are some great and valid ideas out there.
- community request item: see UVs in Image editor while in texture paint mode;
- community request item and blender 2.50 todo: seams from uv islands,
almost ready as I write these lines.
- bug fixes/planning for the above
- some setup for smart stitching island snapping functionality.
- finally got my head around those svn conflicts and successfully
merged onion into salad.

Next Week
=====================
- finish smart stitch
- continue with island manager or relax brushes (It's on community
wish-list already and considered higher priority than uv island
manager)
- whatever minor stuff I can fit in the schedule

Problems
UV data manipulation is really awkward. The UV island manager may
suffer because of this.
 I have difficulty fitting and communicating all the data between
different parts of blender.
Relax brushes may need info for new brush code. Jason, I hope you can
give me some tips :)

P.S. video with features will be done tomorrow.