[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report 8 - Improving Motion Capture Workflow

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:40:11 CEST 2011

Hey Benjy,

I know you don't plan to do much on a best guess automatic assignment
of bones for the mapping, but could you at least do automatic mapping
for bones of the same name? This would be very handy for those doing
their own mocap. For example, in my case, I'm working on establishing
a pipeline where I FBX Export to MotionBuilder, do some mocap stuff
and then BVH export to Blender. Since they are the same rigs, it would
be nice to have some automatic mapping. Especially since there are
around 90 bones in the rig. :P

Cheers,
Mitchell