[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report 8 - Improving Motion Capture Workflow

Benjy Cook benjytcook at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 21:30:32 CEST 2011

This Week:
 - Reviewed existing code base, implementing many small optimizations,
writing comments and fixing some mid-sized bugs with retargeting and
constraining.
 - Retargeting now fully supports rigs where bones do not connect to
their parents
 - Recorded, edited and uploaded a 22 minute tutorial, encapsulating
almost all the implemented/coded features in rich detail. This took
much longer than I expected (silly 3 hour transcoding!), but I wanted
to deliver a high quality end result.
 - Almost finished change to constraint system, which will allow users
to keyframe their properties, thus fully leveraging the "Animato"
system/concept. This will also open the door to implementing the more
trickier constraints, as it gives a place to put "baked" data when the
constraints (e.g. Floor and Dist) require heavier calculations.

Next Week:
- I'll be updating my Progress wiki page with the latest developments,
and include a list of what yet needs to be done and when, now that
we've passed the Mid-term point.
- The aforementioned work regarding floor and distance constraints.
- Hierachy matching heuristics, for easier user expierence.
- Possible: Path editing - making the user rig walk along a path while
maintaining footplants, etc.

Issues:
I have 2 school projects due by the end of the month. I don't think my
performance will suffer much, but I wanted to "put it out there".

Benjy