[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report 07 - Paint/Sculpt Enhancements - Onion Branch

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 14:18:24 CEST 2011

This week I did a lot to generalize the paint stroke operator as well
as adding some features.  It can now Jitter, Smooth, and Snap its
positional, pen pressure, and pen tilt inputs.  Raking and anchored
strokes have been made a part of paint stroke instead of at the level
of the user of paint stroke.  Tilt and rake are available as vectors
or as angles (they interpolate differently).  I also added a
straight-line stroke mode.   I really should be focusing on getting
the old features working again after the re-factor but it is hard to
resist throwing new things into the cleaner framework.  I am very
close to being able to unify the paint cursor and stroke system across
all the painting modes.

I am currently cleaning up the code and continuing to test and fix
regressions.  This week should see the completion of the re-factoring
work.