[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report #7 - Dynamic Paint

Miika Hämäläinen miika.hamalainen at kolumbus.fi
Sat Jul 9 00:35:12 CEST 2011

> 1) what you did this week
Two most visible updates this week was vertex surface anti-aliasing and
ability to enable both canvas and brush types for a single object. I
also added other smaller features and fixed all newly reported issues.

Here is a complete change log:
* Canvas and brush can be now enabled simultaneously. This way it's
possible for two canvases to interact.
* Added basic anti-aliasing support for vertex surfaces.
* 3D-view color preview now works even when there's subsurf modifier
after Dynamic Paint in modifier stack.
* Added a new brush option to use proximity from object center.
* Default surface frame range now use scene's start and end values.
* Improved ray checks for volume brushes.
* Added new "non-closed" option for volume brushes. This way it's
possible to use planar meshes as "volume" brushes with predefined ray
direction.
* New carrot branch splash image by CGEffex.
* Improved brush affection code.
* Lots of smaller improvements.
* Fixed: Weight paint didn't work with particles.
* Fixed: Point cache didn't work for non-wave surfaces anymore.

> 2) what you will do next week
Next week I'm going to focus on speed optimizing, general improvements
and documentation.