[Soc-2011-dev] Final Report - libmv Tracker

Matthias Fauconneau matthias.fauconneau at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 11:12:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

I wrote a summary of my complete GSoC for those who don't have time to
read the whole weekly progress log:

* Week 1-3: Debug and improve API, Create Qt Tracker Test Platform UI.
* Week 4: 3D reconstruction UI support.
* Week 5: 3D reconstruction API and documentation.
* Week 6: Vacation. Keir Mierle finished 3D reconstruction algorithms.
* Week 7: Qt OpenCV Checkerboard Calibration Tool.
* Week 8: Improve Tracker and Calibration UIs, Help Blender
integration, Add feature detection.
* Week 9: Improve UIs and detection, Optimize KLT tracker.
* Week 10: Lens distortion API, Image distortion, Unit testing.
* Week 11: Implement Cubic B-Spline Interpolation, Research on tracking methods.
* Week 12: Implement SAD Tracker, Synchronize with Tomato, Algebraic
Lens Distortion Estimation.
* Week 13: Finish distortion estimation API and UI, SAD detector,
Implement Affine Tracking, Add Laplace filter.

More information at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Matthias.fauconneau/GSoC2011
Code and documentation is in Tomato SVN repository.
Sergey and Sebastian will do more videos.
http://download.blender.org/ftp/incoming/affine.avi

I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks, but I'll try to check my mails
where possible.