[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report #12 : August 13, 2011

shuvro sarker shuvro05 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 11:09:58 CEST 2011

Work done this week:

- Integrated island margin functionality of smart UV project with the
autoseam operator. This feature was requested by many of the users of
Blender.

- Updated the code documentation on the wiki page.

- Most of the time of this week was spent in trying to improve the
efficiency of the algorithm. I have tried to implement the sparse matrix
module using a data structure named Trie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trie).
This is still in an experimental phase and I am not sure whether it can make
a noticeable improvement. So, I have not committed it yet in the svn. I am
working with this issue with my mentor at present.

Plan for next week:

- Try to improve efficiency as much as possible.
- Code clean up, documenting and some minor changes.
- Give a binary build.
- Fix bugs reported by the users.

Shuvro