[Soc-2010-dev] Status report for multires
nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 05:26:44 CEST 2010
Status report for May 29 - June 4:
* Lots of code written, very little committed.
* Things that work:
** Building a customdata mask layer for non-multires meshes
** Displaying the mask layer with VBO for both regular and multires
meshes (non-VBO still todo)
** Subdividing the original mesh mask layer (for multires)
* In progress:
** Updating the multires mask layer so that changes actually stick (as
well as subdividing higher levels)
Today I also spent some time getting Valgrind to work properly on my
machine. It spews millions of errors (literally) due to my graphics
drivers, but I mucked about with the suppressions files and now I get
relatively sane output. Already found a bug in the VBO code this way
I feel like I'm making good progress here, but I keep having a-ha
moments where I realize I was doing something stupid.
Plans for next week:
* Continue working on the in-progress item above. This might happen in
the next few minutes, or the next few days. Definitely feel close
* Break apart the work I've done so far and commit in smaller chunks.
* If I get both those done, I'll make masks actually have an effect in
sculpt mode (very easy, basically just multiply one extra value per
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Nicholas Bishop
<nicholasbishop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Status report for May 24-28:
> * Committed only some very basic things like new CustomData types, and
> for masks, a test UI and test operator.
> * Relearned how the various DerivedMeshes work with modifiers and CustomData.
> * Started modifying gpu_buffers to add a color buffer, will be used
> first for displaying masks.
> Plans for next week:
> * Finish the color buffer code. Once this is done it becomes much
> easier to test everything else, since results will be visible on the
> * Continue work on facegrid CustomData so that it interacts with CCGDM
> correctly, and then with MultiresDM.
More information about the Soc-2010-dev