[Soc-2010-dev] Status Report (testing-week 7)

Leif Andersen leif at leifandersen.net
Sat Jul 17 05:52:02 CEST 2010

This week was fairly productive, although a tiny bit less than the week
before.

I spent most of the week fixing up the last bugs/making documentation
for/cleaning up and improving code quality of the regression test.  And at
this point, I believe it is just about good enough to be shown to developers
for their opinions of it.  The only thing that really remains at this point
is getting somewhere to host it.  (The package, while integrated into my
branch, works just as well as a separate entity).  This package is now
stable enough that I am putting it on the back burner for the moment.

Next week I have plans to move back to the hash tests, and get a bit more
integrated with blender again.  My branch currently does have a hashing tool
for determining the hash of the current working copy, but it's horrid.  I
believe it will take me one to two weeks to perfect this tool as well, so
I'll be probably spending more time with this than anything else this week.
 However, as I am working on this tool, I will be spending some time
improving the overall quality of the current render tests, while looking to
add some more.  But because this isn't my priority this week, if I run into
any major blocks...I'll table it and move into another space.  I've also
been considering a better folder structure, and will begin implementing this
next week.

~Leif Andersen