[Soc-2010-dev] Status report

Konrad Wilhelm Kleine konrad at konradwilhelm.de
Fri Jul 16 18:48:35 CEST 2010

Hello,

I haven't been very productive this week in terms of changes to the
code. This has multiple reasons. On Monday I needed to prepare for an
interview I had on Tuesday.

On Thursday I travelled back to Spain. It is my last month in Spain. At
least I could fix the stroke offset bug that has been itching me so long
during the flight.

Today I've been working on improving the integration of the paint stroke
system into the texture paint system. For instance, currently there are
some areas you cannot paint onto when in 3D View with Paint Mode active.
I'll have to postpone this issue for a while, until I finished my next task.

While replacing some of the old functionalities in the texture paint
system with the new ones from the paint stroke system, I've been setting
up my branch to compile on my girlfriend's macbook. I need another
computer to test how normals mapping with a GLSL live preview in the 3D
View is supposed to work. When running some of the examples which Tom
gave me, my computer simply stalls.

I've fixed this small bug "[#22668] Adding sequencer color strip fails
when sound strip selected.", commited the patch to SVN in trunk, closed
the bug report and marked it as fixed with. I've asked Bob for
permission first ;)

I am also trying to fix this bug, whenever I find the time:
"[#20038] Vertex path selection not working in Vertex/Face mode". Thank
you Brecht for explaining what actually is expected. The bug report
confused me a little bit.

I've filled out my mid-term evaluation.

My plans for next week are to continue working on the normal mapping
issue. If I can see good results on my computer I proceed with
generating normals maps on the fly in GLSL. This should enable artists
to paint greyscale bump/height maps and watch them previewed through
GLSL in the 3D View.

I feel like I am on schedule.

Have a nice weekend!

-Konrad