[Soc-2010-dev] status report (robust input devices)

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 12:53:22 CEST 2010

this week --

Spent every waking hour working on the Windows tablet system. I'm still
waiting to hear back from Wacom on a couple of issues, but for the most part
it's rock solid now. The 'ink blot' bug (stray 100% pressure at stroke
start) is fixed at the source. Improved pen-generated gpencil strokes. Wrote
programming guide that covers my updates to the event system (which itself
needs revision to match newer code).

this weekend --

Finish tightening up Windows tablet handling, unify tablet code across
platforms where possible. Write up some tips for users -- custom settings
and techniques I've found to be helpful. Figure out how to bundle up a code
snapshot for Google submission.

next week --

Catch up on all the sleep and sun I missed by spending all summer behind a
keyboard! Grad school courses start Wednesday, giving me a full day and a
half to recover. Thanks everyone for your encouragement and guidance this
summer. And good luck to fellow students as we wrap up!

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire